Creativity and Genre

 Creativity is a key aspect in any major choice and certainly in our upcoming project. Several important roles of creativity were shown int the Ted Talk video that we watched last week. The speakers highlighted the fact that our creativity has disappeared since our childhood as we have been taught to follow directions and do things the “correct” way. One example that they gave that inspired my view on our project was when he described that creators of Ford cars know how to properly make a car, where the steering wheel goes, and where the brake goes. He goes on to explain that now, the creators of apple and google cars are entering the world with no limits on where they can put the steering wheel. New minds lead to new innovations and I am inspired to think outside of the box for my movie. 

Another assignment, the “New Introductions assignment” also gave me some insight into my projectIntroducing ourselves in unique ways that could give someone else a better idea of your character relates back to my goal for my movie. Like this assignment, I need to introduce my movie as something unique. I want to use different techniques that are not seen often to give watchers an interesting first impression into the film.  


The author of the article, “An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity, describes how, “Creative reasoning involves generating new possibilities that can help us resolve the uncertainty we are facing.” This statement encourages me to take chances and be creative on my project to allow myself to be unique. The author of the article brings up another valid argument when stating, “Multiple negative outcomes (or a particularly painful failure), can damage one's efficacy and have a negative cascading effect on one's creative confidence and creative identity.” Letting past failures interfere with future projects is detrimental to the possible creative aspects of the project. I will be putting past failures to the side and attempting to be as creative as possible in my project 


I would like my movie to be a thriller. One important film maker I this genre who inspires me is David Fincher. When creating my movie, one of the many aspects of the film I must be very detailed oriented with is the use of lighting. In my movie, I plan on using light to create different feeling for the watcher. Fincher is very clever in his use of lighting and often can be seen using dark figures or scenes and enhancing them by using a source of light in the background. One scene I have in mind for my movie, I plan to introduce a dark figure, but Fincher’s use of lighting has inspired me to keep a light background behind the figure to enhance the darkness. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Cover Review