Production Blog 3: Attention to Acting
The next step I faced in my project was the acting portion. I ultimately decided to use my friends as the "parents" in the film because my parents are very busy and were not able to make time to shoot the film. This worked out well though, as I was able to have plenty of time to film with them. One of the problems I faced is that it is very obvious that my friends are teenagers and do not look like parents. While I certainly want to capture the idea of the parents, I realized that my concept would work just as well if viewers thought that they were older siblings.
Although this is a serious project, It was slightly difficult to get my friends to act completely professional and take the film 100% seriously. After much yelling and convincing, I think that I was able to capture scenes that look professional. While it is certainly not perfect and clear that we are not professional actors, I think that I did a good job of capturing the scenes that I needed to.
Since my film was about a kidnapping, I had to use a child as an actor in my film. After some consideration, I decided to use my 8 year old neighbor. When filming her, I tried to focus on her running or her actions rather than her face or acting. I was a tricky balancing act of trying to get her to act well, while not putting too much pressure on her as she is a child. By the end of shooting, I got the shots that I needed and she was happy and had fun.
This shot is an example of how I captured the idea of her on the way to the beach without having to film her face or facial expressions:

Comments
Post a Comment