Production Blog 4: Final Scenes
After I finished shooting the scenes with my friends as the characters, I uploaded those shots to my computer and waited a few days before returning to the beach. I went back at sunset by myself in an attempt to capture some of those waterline videos on the camera.
This was a great idea and experience for me for several different reasons. Going by myself without any distractions allowed me to fully appreciate the scenery and pay attention to details. On this evening, I was able to film my favorite shots of the water and the sand. It was windy, and I used this as an opportunity to test out some filming strategies. I kneeled down on the sand and held the camera just inches above the ground. The sand was blowing towards me and I was able to get some really cool shots of the blowing sand.
These shots were included in my film to show the beauty of the setting, while also highlighting the eeriness of it all. The silent shots, with only the wind in the background, set the scene for the crime that is about to be committed.
A shot of the waterline from that evening:

Comments
Post a Comment